Tuesday, May 15, 2007

more on the Unique

Needs a good cleaning though. This is the patent plate
The cam pushing out the rods with the needles extended. Obviously it won't knit stitches this way, this is the position of the needles when you lay the yarn into the latches, the side lever then pulls the needles back into the machine and when the cam is slid across the bed, the rods push the stitches over the yarn in the latches which creates the stitches.
The cast on comb. I wish I would have remembered this comb when I was having such a nightmare with the hook type of combs while making my lace curtains. I had always thought this machine was a fine gauge, the hooks seem so much smaller, but this comb fits on my 4.5mm machines so that settles that :)

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home