Tuesday, March 13, 2007

Ain't she cute!

I just came across a machine that I had packed away and forgotten all about. I don't know the brand, but here's a picture.

Her feet are the crank to turn the needles and the thread goes through a hole in the back of her head. I'm not sure how I came upon this one, probably an Ebay find years and years ago, but it works great. That's a Lustersheen cord she is "laying" for lack of a better word as the tube comes out between her little legs. Too funny! Dig those sandals and talk about a wink and a smile. ;)

Labels:

2 Comments:

At 5:28 PM , Blogger crazyhaberdasher said...

Hi! I just found this after a search through google on knitting machines. I collect these novelty machines and I can tell you that they are made by Kentoys (China)(who no longer makes them) and they are from 1998. There are 8 characters altogether - owl, chicken, duck, seagull, lady, grandma, boy and a girl (as yours). They are known as Kiddie Dora in Germany. There is also a similar line called Nitta Crittas of which there are four in the set - cow, pig, frog, and chicken.
cheers, Marian aka Maz in Oz
http://spoolknitter.blogspot.com
(for pics etc check out right hand column of blog and click on Kentoys)

 
At 11:35 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home