Tuesday, September 12, 2006

Silver Reed LK140

The LK140 arrived today :) I am going to have fun with this one. I didn't realize that it had carriage levers to facilitate fair isle and other patterned knit stitches. I thought it was a basic machine like the Singer LK and HK100's, just a different pitch. The LK100 is a 9mm, the HK100 is an 8mm and this LK140 is a 6.5mm. I believe the only difference between this machine and the LK150 is the number of needles and it's a newer model. The newer 150 has 150 needles and the older 140 has 140 needles, hence the names? I'm looking forward to using the more available Bernat and Caron softee baby type yarns on this one. Even though the bulky machines can knit it, I've never really liked the gauge of the fabric when I used those yarns for baby outfits. I'll put a picture of a swatch up when I do one tonight. I have to finish the baby overalls I'm knitting on the Toyota first. Yes, I have self discipline, right! LOL!!! Actually I made a new sponge strip for it and I have to wait for the glue to cure overnight on the ribbon before I try it out.

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

At 6:32 AM , Blogger Lisa said...

Hi, I just found a Singer LK140 in my attic. I'm ecstatic to use it. I assembled all parts according to the manual but the carriage seemed stuck when I try to move it pass the needles. Can you tell me if I'm doing something wrong? Or is there something I should check? Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks! Lisa

Please email me at lisashng@gmail.com

 
At 3:10 PM , Blogger Luckyprincessuk said...

You need to replace the sponge that goes above the needles.

 
At 1:48 AM , Blogger Tiffy loves to knit said...

I just purchased a singer lk140 knitting machine I never had a plastic bed knitting machine before all my other knitting are metal beds I can't wait to use my lk140 soon😍

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home