Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Ladder Eyelet Join

Ok, here's a mini video showing a variation on the traditional eyelet join for connecting knitted panels. This "Ladder Eyelet" (http://www.dimitysdrygoods.com/ click on Techniques on the left hand menu and then click on Strip Tease Knitting) is accomplished with using inside stitches through the eyelets which gives it a laced up affect instead of pulling the edge stitches through the eyelets, which creates a more Braided looking join. This technique has shown up in several magazine articles and books by several different authors and they all appear to have their own copyrights. I'm just showing how it's done and I have not refered to any books or articles other than the above mentioned website and a discussion based on a photo from an ebay auction. I hope that's enough disclaimer to keep me out of trouble :) I'm not claiming anything other than I know how to do it.

I used stitches 3 and 4 from the edge in this video to pull through the eyelet but you can use stitches 2 and 3 or any other stitches further in. The further in you go, the larger overlap of loose edge you will have. I sure hope that makes sense :)

Labels: , ,

4 Comments:

At 4:27 PM , Blogger Laritza said...

Thanks so much for showing this. Techniques can not be copyrighted so don't worry.

 
At 8:08 PM , Blogger Terri said...

Clarisse - thank you SO much!! I didn't 'get' the group discussion on this subject, (I don't receive all of the digests) but I was curious to know what they were talking about! Then - someone mentioned your blog. I am so glad they did - because this is so useful to know (and SO much easier to understand than the texts that were exchanged about it!!). Thank you so much for your time and effort. You're a gem!! Terri

 
At 8:36 AM , Blogger Nancy said...

I bought a Toyota KS858 only to discover ther was no Manual to teach me how to use the machine. The seller was not able to locate it. I am in dire need of an operating manual . I just discovered just from this site that there are (Punch Cards). Would you tell me where I can buy these. Sincerely Hopefull, Nancy

 
At 12:31 AM , Blogger 1strae8 said...

Thank you ever so much for posting the knitting Machine Instructions. You are a life saver!!!! I found your site looking for the manual I needed and WOW, I truly love it. Thanks again.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home