Monday, September 11, 2006

Toyota KS 858


Yes, my knitting room is a mess... I've been re-organizing.. that's my story and I'm sticking to it. Anyway, I've ordered a couple of punch card design books for fairisle that contain designs for both 12 stitch and 24 stitch machines. (2 of my Brother machines take 24 stitch cards). I'm on the hunt for the lace carriage to go with this machine (I'm hoping to do business with Gladys Goody when she "migrates south" for the winter).

I love this machine, to date it is my favorite. There is just something about the way the carriage glides across the needle bed. I can't really describe it other than it just feels good and solid and oh so right. The push buttons are fun for small pieces, I get slipped up when I try to do more than a couple of feet of patterned fabric. You have to reset the buttons on every row, yank the needle set lever, then run the carriage and I seem to loose my place on the pattern. With the punch cards it's the same process but the cards take the place of pushing the buttons and since the holes are already in order as the card feeds, all I have to remember to do is yank the set lever before I run the carriage :)
This is the first punch card fabric I made on the Toyota. There is one spot where I forgot to knit two straight rows between the cars, other than that it turned out really great.

Labels:

3 Comments:

At 6:30 AM , Blogger 3GS said...

I have Toyta KS858 and need a ribber...any idea where I can get one? What model do I need ? Any help would be appreciated!

 
At 7:00 AM , Blogger Sue said...

The KR 506 fits the KS858 machine

 
At 11:22 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

Im also looking for a lace carriage for my toyota 858. I cant seem to find the carriage number or will just any 4.5 lace carriage do as long its for a toyota ?
Thank you

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home